Sunday, May 18, 2008

hips, shoes, volunteering

I didn't really explain the reasoning for the ultrasound all that thouroughly, so here it goes. Dr. Handwork was afraid that her hips were loose because her "hip creases aren't symetrical". As far as I understand, if they are loose we'll have to work her legs more to strengthen the muscels so that there isn't a problem further down the road. If they catch it now it won't take much to fix the problem, and that's not saying that there is a problem at all. Like I said in a previous post, Dr. Handwork doesn't feel that there is a problem at all, but he doesn't want to take a risk with her if he is overlooking something. That is why he is having us go to Akron Children's Hospital for a repeat of the original ultrasound done on her on June 4th. I'm truly not worried, like I have said many times I am leaving my life and the lives of my family members in the hands of God, I take it to Him in prayer and I truly believe that He will take care of us. If it's time for another trial in our lives, nothing is too big for God and He will provide for us. He tells us in His word that He will never give us trial that is too big for us, and that is something that I think believers need to take to heart and remember. The Bible doesn't tell us that if we follow God it will be a completely enjoyable and problem free ride, but it does say that we can rely on God and He will take care of His children.

On another side of life, newborn shoes are too small for Jocelyn and we bought her a pair of ones, but they are still a little big, she's in between sizes right now, but growing sooo quickly. It's hard to believe that she's almost 3 months old now! She's still our pride and joy, and we wouldn't trade her for anything!

Mike and I have decided to start volunteering at New Pointe. Mike is going to work in security in the children's area. It's really impressive, the amount of security they have to insure that the children are safe and only leave with their parents! However...he will have to work as security for both services, but they volunteer one month on and one month off, so in the rotation we will both be in service with each other every other month. As for me, I will be working with the Rhinos! Thats the name of the class for 3 and 4 year olds. There are two rooms of Rhinos, each room has four small groups of about five kids. That's where they break down for an hour to have their lessons. I'm really excited about it. Jocelyn will be in the nursery while we volunteer. I will be teaching one month on and one month off as soon as they complete my background check. The application is similar to the one I filled out when starting at the nursing home. Although it asks more about the spiritual aspect of your life than a job application. And anyone working with the children must have a background check to be in the "kid zones".

No comments: