Thursday, May 22, 2008

test results

Well, here goes, as most of you know I did go to the doctor on Wednesday and that was when I was supposed to get my biopsy results. However, the news wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it isn't as bad as it could be either.
My biopsy came back showing severe inflammation, so they don't know for sure if the cells are precancerous or if they are just caused by the inflammation that is on my cervix. When they tested for HPV, which if you don't know what that is, it is the virus that causes precancerous cells on the cervix. If untreated this could lead to cervical cancer. However, during the "adolescent" stage as they call it, which is between 18 and 24, they say that it can clear up on itself. However it must be watched extremely closely because it can get worse and if so they will have to start a treatment.
So where does this put me? Well, I have to go in for a pap smear every 6 months until further notice. If there is a change for the worse we have have to do some kind of treatment, which we will talk about IF the time comes for that. We're just praying that everything will clear up on it's own and everything will be fine as time progresses, but I'm continuing to pray for God's will in my life and I want whatever He has planned.
If this turns into something more than just precancerous cells then it is a part of God's plan for my life and He will see me through it in His perfect timing. I will go back in October for my next pap smear and I will keep you all posted if anything changes, but I really don't see any point in worrying. It only stresses me out and there is nothing that I can do to change things as of right now. Pray, that's all that there is to do as of right now. God is all-knowing and all-powerful. He will provide in the way that He has in store for my life.



That is all that I have about the doctor, but just as a little side note. There is a woman that used to go to Massillon Weslyan Methodist Church and she is now in a nursing home. I spoke to her tonight and she said she wants to get back to church as soon as she gets over this coughing spell that she has. My mother and grandmother and myself have been given permission to take her out of the facility to attend church, go out to eat, go shopping, or anything else to provide a social life for this woman, but tonight she told me that she is having trouble seeing ever since she got sick. She is praying that God will touch her eyes and her cold. She has a desire to be at church, but her eyes really aren't good. She doesn't get a lot of visitors, but anytime I bring up people from the church, her whole face lights up and she just glows and says how she misses them and wishes they would come see her. Please pray for this little woman, she has such a serving spirit and wants to be in church more than anything. She says she prays that God will make her better enough that she could help the church to get money and grow. Wow, sometimes being in the nursing home and talking to people is just completely humbling. I will be holding Virginia up in prayer and I hope that all of you would say a little prayer for her eyes as you go throughout the day. I will keep you all posted with any changes in her, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Clarissa, I don't really know what to say. Sorry about the bad news, but I am glad that it isn't as bad as it could have been. Your attitude amazes me, girl!!! You are an incredible woman! I will keep praying for you.

Change of subject...where are some recent pics of Jocelyn?! I am having "Jocelyn with-drawals!" lol! I know how crazy a mommy's life is though.

Sleep good tonight. Thanks for updating your blog so often. I check it more then once a day. So don't ever think that there is no one checking your updates. I DO DAILY!!! lv...