Sunday, August 3, 2008

new job position and college update

Well, some of you remember when I was coming back from maternity leave and hoping to get the business manager position. I had prayed about it so much but before I went in to talk to Crystal that if God wanted me to have the position then he would make it possible.
Well...let me tell you what. I was the evening receptionist and covered all the positions for vacations and got more experience all over the office since I came back. I have worked extremly hard to make sure that everything is all caught up when I leave and I go above and beyond to make sure that all the work I am assigned is done on top of all the usual work that I do.

IT HAS ALL FINALLY PAID OFF!!!!!!!!!

As of Friday, August 1st when I went to work, it has been posted that I, Clarissa Steele, am the new "OFFICE MANAGER" of Country Lawn!!!

Actually I was worried that I was going to have to get a part time job for a while because they had cut my hours down to 30/week. Well, the activity director position became available and so Gwen decided to take on that position giving me the office manager position. So far I am the youngest person to have this position in our facility as the office manager. This is what I have been waiting for and God is so good. It was His perfect timing. I was ready to pick up a part time job and change my hours at Country Lawn OR leave Country Lawn altogether if there was a good enough opportunity elsewhere. Now I am staying and I am in a position that I have only dreamed about having up until now. It's SOOOOO exciting.

Also, a little while ago, I found out that I have been accepted to go back to college. At Stark State this time, as long as I can figure out how to fund it. Country Lawn may help me with their scholarship program, but I would only go back part-time with Jocelyn being so small and I really don't have any time for anything more than that. I plan to go back for Accounting, I eventually want to get my CPA. So I am going to be researching various financial aide and scholarship/grant availability to help out. If anyone knows of anything specific to help out please let me know, I have already checked into the Employment Source but they won't help until I have only 32 credit hours left to go. So, that's where I stand right now, more to come as time goes by.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I am so happy for you, Clarissa. I am sure that you are on cloud 9! I know you will do a great job! lv...

Myranda said...

So so cool, Clarissa! You go, girl!