Sunday, September 21, 2008

end of financial peace

Well today ended our Financial Peace University. I'm sad to see it come to an end. I've learned a lot and I have become a huge Dave Ramsey fan over the last several weeks. I really do see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to getting out of debt. It's time to buckle down because it's going to be a long ride for a while. But as a door closes, another must open, and it is time to start One Month to Live. Our church is working through the book and study in it's small groups. Mike and I have joined a group, and I must say that I am looking forward to it. It seems like there is a lot going on and I have been really stressed out, but I guess that comes with life.

I was sick the week before last, then Mike got it, and finally a week ago Jocelyn picked it up, she had a temp of 103.9 and I couldn't get it down, so I paniced and we went to the ER Sunday night. They sent us home but she developed a rash Monday so we took her to the doctor and they cathed her so they could do a culture on her urine. Everything ended up coming back fine and they decided that it was just a viral infection that has been going around. Just enough to scare me I guess.

All is well here, Mike's birthday is tomorrow and we have small group for our first part of the One Month to Live study, which I am so ready for, and then we're two weeks away from our one year anniversary. I accidently scheduled my doctor's appointment for that day, so it's going to be hectic but when she told me the day she had open I wasn't thinking and then Mike came to see me at work and looked at my note that I had left myself only to say, "You know that's our anniversary right?" Well I couldn't lie, I had totally forgotten and I was busy that day so I guess that could be expected. I'm only human and I can't be expected to remember everything.

Actually I had no idea what to get for his birthday and so I didn't get anything...probably not the best idea, but I did get him a card from me and one from Jocelyn. I kind of feel bad since the entire family gave him gifts today at dinner, but he'll get over it I suppose. I mean, we don't have a lot of room, and he really didn't need anything that I can think of...besides that I'm just trying to focus on getting out of debt at this point, and so I'm sure I will hear about it tomorrow, but I did get him a cake and we did eat it today.

Jocelyn is to the age where she thinks she doesn't need to take naps, so I put her to bed early since Mike went to the demo derby with Landon and I am here with Jocelyn, I thought that way I could get some things done, but it hasn't happened yet. O well, I better go get to work, just thought I'd give a quick update!

No comments: