Saturday, September 27, 2008

30 days?

What would you do if you found out that you only have 30 days left to live?

Our church is working on this right now in our small groups and in service. We are all asking ourselves how our lives would change if we only had 30 days left to live. We are learning to live our lives to the fullest possible. We have all dedicated the next several weeks to this, or a least a lot of us have, and it's really got me thinking. How can I save time, or use my time have the best quality out of it? We do so many things to save time, but in the end we have nothing to show for it. I want to leave a legacy. I want people to know what I lived for and I want it to be something that people talk about long after I'm gone!

It's like the lines from a song by Nicole Nordman, and this is what I am starting to live by:

"I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough to make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering, a child of mercy and grace who blessed Your name unapologetically. And leave that kind of legacy."

I encourage you all to live your lives in a way that people are going to look back and say, "They truly lived a full life, and God was in every part of it." That's what life is all about, and this isn't the time to sit back and just watch it all play out...Live, do what you've always wanted to, and in the end you won't sit there looking back on the regrets of life. Make a commitment to start living a "regret free life"!

No comments: