Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a look into my heart

Well...we've been looking at cruises and have decided to go to the Bahamas! So exciting!!!! I was actually praying about the cruise before we even won it. Most of you know that Mike and I never got to take a real honeymoon because I was pregnant when we got married, and that things have been really tight financially. It's been stressful trying to balance our time with each other, and jocelyn and work. We really have needed some time away from her, and just a couple hours just doesn't cut it. Don't get me wrong, we both love Jocelyn to death, but we missed out on the newlywed time without a child.

The first year was really rough and we're barely past that, but so many times, life just seems to get in the way and I have to step back and remind myself of the reason I fell in love with Mike. I have taken it upon myself to tell him that I love him all the time. It's just one of those things that help put the choice of love into perspective, because just like everyone tells you, you can't FALL into love because if you do, that just means that some day you will FALL OUT of love. I've told Mike from the beginning that he was stuck with me, but I guess I needed a little reminding from time to time.

It's time to finally go on our honeymoon. We're thinking sometime around May most likely, that way we have some time to save up some extra cash, and we can really enjoy our time away!

I let myself get lazy with my devotions and I have definitly noticed a huge difference in my mental status when I am not looking to God everyday for wisdom and sanity. He is so good to me and it's good to know that all I have to do is run back to him and his arms are wide open waiting for my return. Sunday's message on greed really got to me, and it's not that I'm one to hoard money all the time, but I know that there are areas of my life that really need help. There is money that has been spent in areas that really could have waited, and it's time to buckle down, get my heart in the right place and start focusing on the important things. Pray for me as I begin to change my focus from things in this world, to treasures in heaven.

May God bless you and keep you!

No comments: