Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Giving it up for God!

How many times do we say that we are going to give our lives over to God, only to let life get in the way. Something happens and we do what WE want to do, or WE don't like what GOD has in store for us, so we walk away in the opposite direction. Maybe we don't walk away from God entirely, but we turn away from what he really wants for us and we decide to walk our own paths.

I am only bringing this up because I've been there. I've listened to what God had to say and then decided for myself that it was just too hard, or too scary, or too bold for my lifestyle. Telling God that I thought he was wrong and that I just couldn't possibly do what he was asking. I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes, and I'm not afraid to talk about my past. Not anymore! God wants the best for us, and if something was bad for us, or wasn't worked into his plan, he wouldn't ask us to do it. I've never heard anyone say that they didn't listen to God because he asked them to jump off a bridge, or because he asked them to crash their car into a tree. You hear stories about how God just didn't understand. Growing up, I may have even said this. I was wrong. God doesn't try to harm us, he wants the best for us, and he's right there to pick us up if we fall. He's there to carry us when we are too weak. He's there to lean on when we need to rest. But most importantly, he's there to comfort us when we need him the most. He gave us his word that his plans are to prosper us and not to harm us.

I am ready to give it up. Not just my life, but everything I have. I'm not holding back anymore. Wherever he leads me, I am ready to go, no more excuses! I am his child and I will honor him in all I do. How much can you really hold back when you think about God giving his ONLY SON so that we could live. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and I don't know what God has in store for me, but everything that I have is his. I've gotten to the point that I'm tired of people living two different lives. There are a lot of people out there that are all about themselves until church time on Sunday. It's like they sober their lives and as soon as service let's out, they are back in their own world. I don't want people to look at me on Sunday morning and say to each other, "Just wait until after service, watch what she does when she leaves here." I want to be real!

"Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature:
old things have passed away,
behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: