Sunday, February 1, 2009

When it Comes to Money...I'm FREE!

Last night I finally broke down. I have been really stressed over money...as I've said before, my focus for the year, and the rest of my life is getting out of debt and staying out. Well, last night I just had to cry for a while. Mike was great and totally understanding of what I had to bring to the table, but he didn't let me give up. I wasn't completely okay when we went to bed, but I wasn't as down as I had been. Then this morning at church during the praise service we sang "You Never Let Go" and I lost it, tears just streaming down my face, because the song is so true! God is always by our side, he never gives up on us and we can see a light at the end of the tunnel thanks to him. He's always by our side no matter what happens and we should always praise him even when the trials come. This song tends to stick with me and I refer to it a lot because of the truth it holds. Everytime it pops into my head I find a different area that God is pointing out to me and showing me that it will be okay. Today it was regarding our finances. It's been so heavy on my shoulders and I just couldn't shake it, but today it came to me, and I've heard it a million times, but today it was completely different. The money we have isn't ours...it never has been. I don't have to worry about it because with God's help it will be managed the way he sees it to be and I'm giving it all back to him. I should be grateful that he allows me to use what he has rather than be stressed over not having enough. God is faithful and he will provide what I need. I'm done stressing, when it seems like the ends will never meet he always sees me through and I am putting it all in his hands.

DIET UPDATE:
This was a stressful work week...OK now it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I gained back the 3 pounds I had lost so I'm back to where I started. I was actually surprised to see that it was only 3 pounds and not more. We had audit at work this week and I didn't stick to my diet at all! I will try harder this week! I've also been working 6 on with 1 off the past couple weeks so I'm glad to know that I go back to a 5 day work week with only some overtime this week!

No comments: