Wednesday, October 1, 2008

don't be that guy

I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore, but I'm going to keep it up anyway. Maybe someday, someone will come across this blog and be touched by it, and it also works as an outlet and a place to just think freely for myself.

We just got home from First Wednesday a little bit ago. Mike is putting Jocelyn to sleep and I'm just reflecting. Tonight was all about making your heart right, and making your heart more like God's heart, at least that's what I got out of it. I got quite emotional towards the end, simply because I know that my heart is wrong a lot. It's so easy to be all about myself and not really care about others, or how they might feel. I want to get my "stuff" done so that it's out of the way, and I tend to avoid the help that others might need. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't all the time, but it's more often than it should be. I want to be a light in the dark world. I want to be a help, not a hinderence. I want to be the person that God created me to be, and I realize that I need to work on that a lot.

I laid it all out tonight as I sat there praying before taking communion, and I am making it a point to make my heart right. To be more like Jesus. I have made a commitment to God, to really work on this in my life. If you happen to run into me in the future and I'm being more of a struggle than a help, please point it out to me because I really am going to work on this, but there may be areas in my life that I don't realize I'm in the way. May God help me to realize my problem areas here and help me to have a heart like His, because that's what I truly want, and I know that it will only be possible with His hand on my shoulder...guiding me in the right direction.

1 comment:

John Bunn said...

Hey Clarissa, I check out your blog every now and then. :) Don't stop...even if no one else is reading, it's healthy for you to process your thoughts this way. I've found that if I can get my thoughts from my head to my hands to the screen it means I've actually spent some valuable time processing. So glad First Wed. was so meaningful to you. I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW!