Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gazelle Intensity!

Last year we took Financial Peace University and were really positive on paying off some bills. However, life's distractions got in the way, we lost focus and things didn't go as planned. This year for 2009 I have dedicated my resolutions to gazelle intensity. I am getting serious about getting out of debt...no matter what life has to throw in the way! Do you know why I'm so sure that this is going to work? Because I have God on my side, and I am praying for some really BIG things this year!

First of all, getting out of debt! I am praying that God would help us pay off bills one step at a time and stay focused, but the BIG part is that I am praying for him to give us a miracle. I have asked him to make it possible to pay off hospital bills, credit cards and at least one car by the end of the year. I serve a mighty God and it's about time that I start acting like it!

Second of all, there is someone that I work with that is struggling in life. This person has had a really rough time in 2008 and is to the point of throwing the towel in on family and church! I have had the privilege of talking to this person throughout 2008 and ended up coming to a stand still around Christmas. I felt like I hit a brick wall, but I am not giving up. Why? Because God can do absolutely anything!!

Next, I am praying to become "nothing". Now, to a lot of people, this may not make sense, but the thought here comes from New Pointe. God created everything out of "nothing", and until I am really able to become "nothing", he doesn't have "everything" to create with! It's all or nothing in this world, and I don't want to be the person that people consider half-hearted, not that I care what people think of me anyway, I think I've made that quite clear over time!

Then, I plan to read the Bible all the way through this year, I've tried this many times, but I never get all the way within the time frame of a year, but this year is going to be different, because I'm praying BIG! I believe that there is always another aspect to pick up on and something new that God is trying to tell you, and I can never hear enough of God's promises.

Finally, I am praying to have the opportunity to get more involved with single mother's, I mentioned this one before. If only one "what if" had been different I could very well have been among this crowd, and they need to know that God is there, there is hope in tomorrow! Everyone sins, but there are some that can't be hid as easily...man I wish someone had been there to tell me this when I got pregnant out of wedlock!

I decided not to do the resolution to lose weight this year because I never follow thru with it and always let myself down. I do plan to lose weight, but I don't need to start the year off starving myself, only to crash and burn in a few months, so instead, I want to do it the right way, it's time to start watching what I'm eating and exercising more, but who wants to exercise in the snow anyway? So...I am going to start walking more when it gets warmer, but in the meantime I'm going to start taking all the extra steps at work that I try to put off until I have more than one reason to get up from my desk and go down the hall.

I just thought you guys might want to know about my BIG IDEAS for the year of 2009, and with God on my side, I can't lose, because even if I fall, he will be there to pick me back up, no matter how hard I fall or how badly I'm hurt. Isn't it great to know that we have a God who loves us, no matter what happens, or how bad we mess up. There was a time in my life that I thought I was just a ruined person, but God has shown me that there is a reason for everything in life, and I can shine as a brighter light in the darkness of the world because of those trials.

Thought of the day: Every trial has a tribulation...you just have to keep going, and trusting, and believing to get to it. Eventually you'll get there, and the results will be even BIGGER than anything that you could have imagined. Trust in God and let him be your guiding light...he's always there, and you'll always be stronger when you walk with him instead of against him!

No comments: